If you have an injury or illness that is affecting your ability to work, Minnesota’s RETAIN program is here to assist you.
During this challenging time in your life, MN RETAIN can help you return to the workplace. A RETAIN Return to Work Case Manager is a member of your health care team and will work with you and your employer and health care provider to:
- Help you and your employer plan for your return to work
- Identify safe work tasks based on your health care provider’s recommendations
- Update your health care provider between appointments on your return to work progress
- Communicate with you, your employer and health care provider to make adjustments in your return to work plan
- Answer your questions and assist you
If you meet the following criteria you may be eligible for RETAIN:
- 18 years of age or older
- Live and work in Minnesota
- Receiving medical care for your injury or illness at Mayo Clinic
If you are unable to be accommodated at your workplace, you may have the option of working with the Employer Outreach Specialist at Workforce Development, Inc., which may be able to identify an appropriate paid work experience opportunity which will meet your accommodation needs.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact:
RETAIN Program Coordinator
Resources to help a worker talk to their doctor and employer about simple, low-cost changes to your hours or duties that may enable you to work while you recuperate. Return-to-Work Toolkit
Career Assistance such as free skills assessments, job search help, funds for training, and referrals to other supports and programs: